BLOG 1+2

my comment: I agree with the idea of public communication that the rumors online can discourage people from expressing their true thoughts. Lately, some bad guys may just steal pictures from others online, add groundless comments, and then spread them to others. As a result, people may be afraid of sharing their true pictures.
my comment: I agree with the idea that PLN essentially is about sharing resources. Before the internet was invented people found it hard to express themselves and find others with common interests with themselves. However, social media today provides us with such a platform where we are free to share any resources such as pictures, videos, articles to others and exchange resources from others.

BLOG 3

my comment: I am wondering if you have read this article https://kinsta.com/blog/linkedin-statistics/. In this article, many aspects of statistics have been presented about how people use Linkedin. We can find that people use Linkedin not only to present themselves by adding personal information but also to recruit employees and to seek potential clients, which means that it really has many functions and can be quite beneficial if people try to explore its functions.
my comment: Something I am wondering after reading your post is that the so-called “finsta” account actually plays a role in protecting our personal privacy. When we talk about social media, we may think of it as a totally open and free world. But actually, we are surrounded by different groups of people, including our classmates, teachers, families, or colleagues, and we may want to emphasize a specific aspect of ourselves when facing them. from this perspective, I think the account enables us to sort out our audience and make targeted posts.

BLOG 4

I really liked how you explained the importance of web etiquette when mentioned that respect is the prerequisite for inclusion. Web etiquette is absolutely important in today’s society. Although some people tend to believe the internet is a free space without real punishments and restrictions, the abuses and offensive comments can truly hurt people and cause irreversible damage. in my opinion, there may be no concept of web etiquette because what we should do is to respect others whether it is in real life or online.
I am wondering if you can tell me more about the difference between online etiquette and offline etiquette from your perspective.
my comment: My new thinking after reading your post is that for much time of our study throught the primary shcool to higher eductaion, the improtance of building a pln is not stressed enough by our teachers. I have noticed that you mentioned about how you are absorbed in your coursework and neglected the building and enlarging of your pln. Throughout my leanring process, teachers have always reminded us to put learning as the top priority. However, a good pln can actually bring us more real employment opportunities and may possible change our life. In this way, I hope the studnets can learn the importance of pln early in their lives.

BLOG 5

I agree with the idea of using tiktok to recruit customers because tiktok is really an attractive platform. Since the videos it produces only last for a short time, people can hold their attention till the last, which is a better form than normal advertisements like text messages or email. An attractiev and accessible form is the first step of marketing in my opinion.
I agree with your idea of encouraging people to leave real comments as a way of marketing. Since the comments are from real people, the public may find your products to be more trustworthy and they can be beter-informed. I myself prefer to use applications which can provide users’ comments because I think the diversified comments can actually help me interpret the true quality and applications of the products.

BLOG 6

my comment: I agree with the idea of the necessity of adding references. Although the authenticity in academic research is paid enough attention to, sometimes online information cannot be protected properly in terms of intellectual property. There is a podcast I personally like and one week it announced that its previous work was copied by another platform. It really took them a lot of time and energy to safeguard their rights. Thus, adding references is very important and it shows respect for others.
my comment: I agree with the idea that the voice of celebrities helps enlarge the influence of a certain campaign. I think that’s what the public pays so much attention to the responses or comments of the celebrities when it comes to some influential things. For example, people expect celebrities to express empathy during earthquakes and to express their firm stands of patriotism regarding the matters of some brands insulting our homeland. Such expectations are justified because celebrities should make proper use of their influence.

BLOG 7

my comment: I agree with the idea of the importance of diversity in terms of public communications because diversified sources of information can enlarge the voice of ethnic minorities and make the public know something about their unfair situations. Therefore, social media actually plays an important role in achieving online equality.
my comment: I agree with the idea of “a domino effect” when you are describing the effect of an inclusive PLN. It reminds me of the guest of this week Mo Amir and how he has established his pln. He mentioned that once his podcast with the guests succeeded, he would be reached by people related to the guests such as their colleagues or friends so that he could harvest a larger and larger PLN.

BLOG 8

my comment: I noticed that you have mentioned one disadvantage of pln, that is how pln can discourage people to express non-mainstream opinions by stigmatizing them. Stigmatizing the minority opinion is actually going against the principle of inclusion. Inclusion is the bright side of social media, which provides an equal opportunity to people who may have been neglected in real life. if their opinion could be emphasized and paid attention to online, social media can actually serve as an opportunity to experience equality.
my comment: I agree with the idea that PLN is important to students’ learning nowadays for its features of Connectivism and diversity. To succeed in today’s society, one’s professional knowledge is not enough and how one connect with others and make full use of interpersonal relationships can also come into play. Social media is a way for youngsters to connect with others and therefore, the skills like how one use social media to enlarge one’s own influence and promote the products or services are becoming more and more important.

BLOG 9

my comment: Something I am wondering after reading your post is filter bubble. You have mentioned the difficulties of media literacy, and one of them is that people tend to listen to what they like. I have read before such phenomenon is called filter bubble. When we only embrace what we agree and shut outside what we disagree, it’s like we are trapped into a bubble. As a result, our opinions can be easily manipulated by the press as long as they feed us targeted information.
my comment: I agree with the idea that TIKTOK can actually pose a threat to the growth of teenagers. Since it is so popular, even the students from primary school keep browsing the short-videos on it nowadays. However, once we are familiar with the feeding pattern of the platform, we can find that what we receiving are mostly meaningless funny videos which compete for our attention or even money. From this perspective, I think the platform is better to launch some measures to control the time for the teenager users.

BLOG 10

my comment: I really liked how you explained how Mo established his PLN. One factor you have mentioned is reputation, which means that Mo has followed the interpersonal principles all the time to win the trust of his guests and attract more followers. Mo attaches importance to cooperation, respect, and instruction on others. I think these are important rules because lately although some celebrities have gained popularity overnight they may lose the public’s favor soon due to their lack of morality or principles.
my comment: I agree with the idea of your PLN can help with your employment after graduation. You have mentioned two benefits of your PLN: improve your professional skills and reach potential employers. I think PLN is really an important way to learn professional knowledge. I have followed some content creators on Weibo and Bilibili, and they are always willing to share their professional perspectives and provide career suggestions to the college students. I find their sharing crucial and I really have learned a lot from them.