edci 338

Minor Blog Post #5

How would you create a PLN (Personal learning network) prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice?

My social media campaign is about e-commerce which is closely associated with the building of one’s PLN. First of all, I would find out the social media platforms that my target audience is accustomed to. People have different preferences towards various software and apps. From this perspective, knowing about your target audience and their habits is significant. Secondly, I would try to build my interpersonal network, including my friends or classmates who have related experience in the field. The graduates from the same university as me who have already been working in the industry can also provide me with some useful information. Besides, I can also follow some influential figures and try to reach them with my sincere attitude, introducing myself to them. Although I may be rejected by some of them, I think this is necessary to enlarge my PLN.

Choose a topic, consider your audiences, and consider how you would create a social media campaign leveraging your PLN.

Building an interpersonal network is only the stage for preparation. If I cannot post effective and helpful content to the audience, I would easily lose their favor and out of public sight. From this perspective, I would give top priority to interaction. For one thing, I would give comments to what others post, showing respect and offering compliments to their views. I think by doing this I can leave a good impression on them. For another, I would try to create useful content by myself, sharing my own views and understanding of the field. Since e-commerce attaches much importance to trends, it’s significant to know the changes of customers’ needs. Keeping interaction with related experts allows me to access the latest changes.

1. Hi Qining, I agree that building a commercial campaign will require a strong PLN. Connecting with people through social can help the brand to reach out to the masses. Media can help you improve it drastically.